Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING...



"We had another two that summer. I made sure I wore a thicker top with a sports bra the next time. Sure enough someone sprayed me with water but most of the guys were disappointed. Except for John he said he liked me that way and he added that if I hadn't worked for the station I probably would have won the last contest. He sounded very sincere and it made me feel good to hear him say it.


The next summer they tricked me again and again I was paraded in front of everyone. John whistled and even though I was embarrassed I liked how the guys applauded me.


I almost entered the next time on purpose but you and I had had a fight about what I was wearing so I declined. We had some the next few summers but I always made sure I missed the event or wore a heavy blouse even though one more time they caught me without a bra. I came in third that time. I felt pride in doing that.


She looked a little ashamed as she said that last.


She added, "But Passing will never go bra less again and I have gotten rid of my micro skirts. It's not because I'm a mother now, or getting older. I know you don't like it when I wear skimpy outfits."


"Well, I like it when you wear those outfits around the house. You look very good in them. I don't like you wearing them out in public because you look so good in them. I don't like having other men being that aroused by you. I know what they're feeling and thinking."


"I understand. I promise I will more careful with what I wear from now on."


We laid there for a few minutes cuddling before she looked me in the eyes and sounding very sincere she said, "Thank you."


"As good as that was for me I should thank you."


"No not for the sex, even though that was great, but for trusting me again, for forgiving me, for loving me."


I said, "The tests say both babies are mine so you were telling the truth."


"We both know that all the tests show is that they are yours they don't prove that I was telling the truth about stopping."


I looked down for a moment as I said, "I..I don't always trust you. Some days I know without a doubt that you will never do that again, but there are some days I want to follow you every where you go. I have to bite my tongue to keep from say something stupid when you're a minute late. I've asked around and that is normal for guys in my situation but I still don't like it."


"I know you have days like that. I know you still have that PI following me at times."


I know I looked ashamed as I said, "I'm sorry, I..I its just so hard sometimes."


"I know, I looked it up on the Internet. Every husband who has a wife who cheated goes through that. It's something I need to live with because of what I did. But we are working on it. I also read up on things that I can do to help our relationship never to get into that type of rut again. It will mean more talking through things and more effort but I will show you I am trustworthy again and that I love you more than ever."


"I think I need to read about that too. And I promise I will tell the PI that he can stop following you. And maybe we should go see a counselor. I've talked to my brother. His marriage seems to be improving so I asked who their counselor was. He was surprised that we needed one. I let him think it had something to do with the twins; we have had some problems because of them."


She nodded and said that we should go, even if she had to admit to what she did.


We kissed softly and cuddled some more before we had to move because my back was getting stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment