Monday, December 6, 2010

ANOTHER THING I NOTICED IS THAT...



She looked down at the floor and weakly said, "What are you going to do?"


"Throw your worthless ass out and divorce you." I looked at my watch, "In fact Chris, the company I hired to move your shit out of here should be here at any minute now. I would assume that the man who will serve you with the divorce papers is driving the car that just pulled into the drive. I will tell you up front that you won't be getting a dime out of the divorce so you had better start looking for a job. I doubt that you can get back on at the firm, not after the bomb I laid on them this morning. I suppose Frank could be your pimp and you could make some money standing on a corner on South Avenue."


Christine just sat there staring at me woodenly.


"What's the matter Chris? Got nothing to say? Don't you want to tell me that it is somehow all my fault? How about that old standby, "But honey, I can explain." Or maybe you could take a shot at, "It isn't what you think."


"Also, before you waste your time thinking you have a little leverage because of Bradley you should know I had DNA tests run and I know that Bradley is not mine."


Christine had been looking down at the floor, but her head jerked up when I said that and I saw the surprise on her face. "Oh, you didn't know that? Good, now you have something to do in your free time. You can try and figure out who the daddy is. Go pack Christine. I want you out of here tonight."


"But where can I go?"


"Call Frank. According to him you were his bitch before I met you and you stayed his bitch the entire time we have been married so maybe he will take care of you. If he doesn't, tough shit! Just be out of here by tonight."


I got up and walked out of the room leaving her staring at the floor.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


It didn't end there of course.


Christine still had lots of family living and I'd warned her if she fought me on the divorce they would all get copies of some of her better performances and I specifically mentioned her eight man gangbang. But she did fight tooth and nail over custody of Bradley and I had not helped my cause any by letting her know that Bradley wasn't mine. In the end the court, as they so often do, gave the child to the mother and since I wasn't the biological father I didn't even get visitation.


As part of the agreement reached when the firm settled with me I had to agree to never divulge the information I had gathered and that I would destroy all copies of it. But being a lawyer I decided to play the "It depends on what the meaning of is is" game. Copies to me meant a ‘copy of the original,' but not the original itself so I put all the ‘originals' in a safe deposit box and destroyed all the copies. I was fairly honorable, but I didn't think I could say the same for my ex employers. I would hang on to the originals just in case they reneged on the agreement.


I said I would never divulge the information that I had gathered, but I never promised not to use what I had found.


I started the rumor that the reason that Neubert, Moore and Holbrook had been let go was that they were caught playing fast and loose with a client's funds that had been entrusted to their care. None of the three ever got on with another firm and Holbrook and Neubert finally left town. Moore went into private practice, but I hear that he is having trouble paying the rent on his office. One of the things I did when I left the conference room was to place a pre-arranged phone call to a messenger service and copies of all the material I had that pertained to the three was delivered to their wives and the three were financially ruined by their divorces.


Frank set Christine up in an apartment and Frank's wife received an anonymous phone call telling her that Frank was cheating on her and she hired a private detective and he got her enough so that she could rape Frank in a divorce. When the dust settled Frank left town forgetting to take Christine with him and also forgetting to tell her where he was going.


Christine wasn't alone long as Maxwell took up where Frank left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment