Sunday, December 12, 2010

I WAS ANGRY, BUT AS MUCH AS I...



"It was obvious to me that Frank was controlling my movements to give him access to my wife and that when I was on the trips he sent me on he was helping keep my wife from being lonely. So I hired a detective agency, gave them the keys to my house which they promptly wired for audio and video."


I paused for a moment and looked around the room, "Aaah, I see from the looks on your faces that the penny has dropped. Look around guys, see what you all have in common. Everyone of you, with the exception of Ben, Marty and Scott have been fucking my wife and I have it all on tape and in living color."


"What are you going to do?" Maxwell asked.


"Good question. When this started my plan was to make sure that you and Frank saw to it that I made partner, but once I found out the scope of what Frank had done the idea of partner went away. There isn't anyway I could have a working relationship with all of you now. I could have handled it with only Frank and Maxwell, but I couldn't even try with as many of you as there are. In fact, I have no choice but to leave the firm. But I decided that if I have to go I am not going to go away empty handed. I don't believe that there has ever been a buyout for an associate, but there is always a first time for everything right?"


"You are right. It has never been done and it won't be done now. Clean out your desk and be out of this building by ten" Maxwell said as he started to stand up.


"I'm not done yet Max. Sit your ass down or be ruined, your choice."


He gave me a steely look, but he sat down.


"Once I decided I had to leave and wanting it to be both vengeful and rewarding at the same time I set the detective agency on each one of you."


I opened my briefcase and took out several large manila envelopes and handed each man the one with his name on it.


"In the envelope are copies of the original private detective agency report and photos of you and Christine. In addition there is a copy of the detective's report on you and what you have been up to along with a detailed description on what I intend to do with that information if I leave here unhappy. None of the others know what is in your own personal report although I'm sure that you all know what is in the original one. Let me spell it out:


- One. All of your wives will get copies of what you have in front of you and most of you can start looking for a good divorce attorney. - Two. One of you is having an affair with the wife of the CEO of one of the firm's largest and most influential clients. The client will receive a copy of the evidence and I'll just let you use your imagination as to what he might do. - Three. The wives of the five clients that Frank had Christine fuck will receive a copy of the evidence. - Four. All of this will be leaked to the press. - Five. All of the photos that were taken will be posted on the Internet, copies will be sent to the Bar Association and to every other law firm in the state. I have also printed out our entire client list and every one of them will get a copy of what is in the envelopes in front of you.


"In short gentlemen, you will become the laughing stock of the legal profession in this state and I would expect that your client base will disappear, which brings me to what I want in order to keep any of the just listed from happening. These are non-negotiable and will be agreed to no later than noon today or I will proceed with my plan to ruin all of you and the firm.


"First, the three associates, Holbrook, Neubert and Moore will be terminated by the end of the day and they will not, repeat WILL NOT be given letters of reference.


"Secondly, the terms of the buyout I mentioned. One million dollars for each of the partners, both senior and junior, who thought it would be fun to fuck my wife behind my back. That comes to six million and it will be paid in such a manner that I will end up with the entire six million after taxes.


"The last thing of course is the positively glowing letter of reference that the firm will give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment